May 2, 2011

30 for 30

   If you have read the last couple of posts, I haven't been focusing too well on this weight loss journey.  It seems once you learn the appropriate methods to "cheat" the band, that it is much easier to do so and it happens more often than it should.  I have decided that I need to get back on track, and I would love the help of my friends and family to do it.

   Exercise is a key component of losing weight.  It helps burn calories, gets my blood flowing and help my heart to be strong and healthy.  The weight loss center where I did my surgery recommends getting 30 minutes five times a week.  It doesn't even need to be 30 consecutive minutes - as long as it is in 10 minute increments.  I could go walk for 10 minutes in the morning then bike for 20 in the afternoon.  I just need to be doing something!

   Counting today, there are 30 days left in the month of May, and I want to set a personal goal to get 30 minutes every single day for the rest of the month.  I have set up a special calendar to show what I've done, and I will also plan on posting a brief blog each day of what my activity was.  You are welcome to visit the blog or the calendar anytime.  Here is the link to the calendar.  http://goo.gl/aAcYM

   You are welcome to post comments on the blog, or if you want, you can send encouraging email or text messages.  If you don't already have my phone number, send me a message and I'll give it to you, but I'd rather not throw it on a blog.  This is going to be a tough challenge, because I'm sure I will want to just relax some nights, or it will be too cold or windy to bike, but it needs to happen.  Plus, this month I will turn 31 years old!  Regardless of my plans for the day, trips out of town or how busy I am at work, this should happen every day.  I'd love your encouragement, or for you to join me in the challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment