Oct 26, 2010

Banded Goggles

If you don't know me, my name is Jon Kelly and I'd like to welcome you to my new blog! In case you do know me, I want to welcome you also, but let you know that my original blog is still up an running and you can find it here. This new blog has a more focused topic.

Next Monday, November 1, 2010, I am having a Lap Band placed around my stomach. I've gone through a fairly lengthy process to be at the point of finally having surgery, but I was frustrated with how little information I could find online from people who went through it. I know there are support groups, but often, they are not convenient to attend. I searched a bit and couldn't find a lot of useful information. Finally, I made the decision with my wife that I would document my journey as much as possible. My world is going to look tremendously different after surgery. I want this blog to include regular photo updates, stories about changes happening in my life post-surgery, how my family was impacted, how I struggled, how I triumphed. Basically, I want to show you what my world looks like through Banded Goggles.

I'd love to have you join me in this journey. Support is a key component in success with any type of weight loss surgery. I am so thankful to my friends and family who have encouraged me through all this, and will continue to help me in the coming months. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions or leave comments. You can simply comment on the blog, or you can use the email link near the top. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Andi said...

I am so excited for you!!

Unknown said...

I think it is really cool that you are going to do this..for you and also for those like you who couldnt get the info that they were really looking for. Ill be praying for you

Unknown said...

Great idea, Jon. I'm sure this will prove to be very useful for many people.

Unknown said...

Great idea it would be scary for people to go through this and hearing from someone who has done it will help a lot. Good luck

Jon Kelly said...

Thanks guys. I know it is good to get this out there not only to help other people but to help hold me accountable through the process. I'm sure i won't always be so motivated after surgery.

Post a Comment