Oct 31, 2010

Bottoms Up (Part 2)

It ended up being a whole lot more difficult than I expected to drink that stuff. It has a salty taste that is not masked in any way by the lemony flavor mentioned on the bottle. Several times in the process, I had to hold back the gag reflex so I didn't throw it all up. There was pretty much zero chance I was going to have to restart that.

I got a lot of advice from various people about this stage. I heard from so many people that it was terrible and you can't leave the house...things like that. The bowel prep is designed to clean out your intestines for surgery prep, and the same bottle can also be used for constipation. Needless to say, the stuff did exactly what it was supposed to, although it was actually not nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Perhaps I was an exception to the rule. The surgeon told me that I could have done this step on Saturday or on Sunday and I chose to start mine sooner so I could better enjoy my last day with my kids before surgery day. Along with the prep stage also comes Phase I of the diet. I'll post more on that tomorrow.

1 comments:

Andi said...

Just read through everything and watched the video...good stuff. We're thinking and praying for all of you. See you back on the block soon!

Post a Comment