May 2, 2011

30 for 30 Day 1

   One day down in the 30 for 30 challenge.  I'm glad I haven't managed to screw it up yet!  I helped get the kids down for bed, then hopped on my bike and headed off.  I managed to get 6.67 miles in 32 minutes 44 seconds.  Laramie is such a cool place to ride, but tonight, it was actually a little too cool.  I had to keep the coat zipped up and wore gloves, but I love this place anyway.  Even though it is May and summer really hasn't hit, I know I will enjoy it all the more when I can head out in shorts and a t-shirt.  It's such a bike friendly town and people actually let me cross busy streets and I never had anyone honk at me.  I have a meeting tomorrow, so I'm thinking I will leave a couple minutes early and stretch it into a 15 minute walk both ways.  Anyone out there going to take up their own challenge?  I'd love to hear about it.

1 comments:

shellycoulter said...

I ran outside tonight around 7:30...and I agree! A bit too cold, but the exercise was great! :) Way to get the 30 days off to a good start despite of the crappy weather. :)

Post a Comment