Apr 19, 2011

Bands and Beer

Two of the "rules" for people who are banded are that we should avoid unnecessary liquid calories and we should also avoid carbonation.  Liquid calories I understand, but as I understand it, carbonation is more an issue of comfort.  Since your stomach is smaller, the air can cause a lot of discomfort.  I suppose enough pressure could probably cause your band to slip.

Either way, I took it really easy on food yesterday so that I could go hang out with a friend and drink a beer last night.  I have to say, the first beer since October-ish was really good.  I got the sampler at The Library again because I love trying all of them.  Needless to say, I managed it just fine.  I'm sure I won't be going crazy on the liquid calories, but I can see myself getting a pint of the Oatmeal Stout every now and then. I highly recommend it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment