Apr 5, 2011

The Tuesday Funk

   It is so weird how dramatically attitude can shift.  I felt really good last week and felt like I was making progress.  Then something feels like it clicked the wrong way and now I just feel off again.  I don't want to focus on losing weight.  I don't want to focus on exercising. I think I've lost my mojo and don't really want to push to make any more progress.

   I want to cheat.  I want to drink soda again.  I want to eat Qdoba breakfast burritos three times a week and snack on plates of nachos at night while I watch television or play video games.  I want to make tasty desserts and finish off the pan after everyone goes to sleep.  It just doesn't feel like things are heading in the right direction.  They warned of potential "dark times" in this process and I think I'm there...ready to give up like so many times before.

   I know I'll work hard enough to not go back, but I can't seem to find the motivation to work hard enough to move forward.  I need to find a place of contentment and I know that eventually I will be back on track.  No matter how funky things feel sometimes, I know it will pass and things will progress like they should.  It just stinks feeling shifts like this with no real indicator of why.

0 comments:

Post a Comment